THE SAINT HOTEL
Restoration to Exterior Terracotta
New Orleans, Louisiana
The Audubon Building located on the corner of Canal Street and Burgundy Street in New Orleans (931 Canal Street) was built in 1910.
The property was purchased in 2010 in foreclosure. The new owner renovated the facility to what is known today at the Saint Hotel.
Birkshaw Building Conservation replaced close to 300 stones on this building to have the exterior restored to the appearance of the original structure.
Birkshaw Building Conservation removed damaged terracota stones and fabricated and installed new G.F.R.C. terracotta stones. New terracotta stones were fabricated reproduced from the original stones. A mold was built and then the stone was cast using the mold.